- DEVIL BONES, by Kathy Reichs. (Scribner, $25.95.) In the 11th Temperance Brennan mystery, the forensic anthropologist must identify two victims of voodoo and devil worship.
- THE GYPSY MORPH, by Terry Brooks. (Del Rey/ Ballantine, $27.) In the third volume of the Genesis of Shannara series, champions of the Word and the Void clash.
- THE GUERNSEY LITERARY AND POTATO PEEL PIE SOCIETY, by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. (Dial, $22.) After World War II, a journalist travels to the island of Guernsey to meet residents who resisted the Nazi occupation.
- SILKS, by Dick Francis and Felix Francis. (Putnam, $25.95.) A British defense lawyer and amateur jockey reluctantly represents another jockey who seems to be guilty of murder.
- THE HOST, by Stephenie Meyer. (Little, Brown, $25.99.) Aliens have taken control of the minds and bodies of most humans, but one woman won’t surrender.
- THE STORY OF EDGAR SAWTELLE, by David Wroblewski. (Ecco, $25.95.) A mute takes refuge with three dogs in the Wisconsin woods after his father’s murder.
- THE BOURNE SANCTION, by Eric Van Lustbader. (Grand Central, $25.99.) Robert Ludlum’s character Jason Bourne pursues the leader of a Muslim terrorist group.
- SMOKE SCREEN, by Sandra Brown. (Simon & Schuster, $26.95.) Scandalous deaths thwart the investigation of a fatal fire at police headquarters in Charleston, S.C.
- THE FORCE UNLEASHED, by Sean Williams. (Del Rey, $26.) An apprentice to Darth Vader is dispatched to kill the last of his master’s enemies; a “Star Wars” novel.
- MOSCOW RULES, by Daniel Silva. (Putnam, $26.95.) Gabriel Allon, an art restorer and an occasional spy for the Israeli secret service, uncovers a Russian arms sales plot.
- ACHERON, by Sherrilyn Kenyon. (St. Martin’s, $24.95.) Book 12 of the Dark-Hunter paranormal series.
- OFF SEASON, by Anne Rivers Siddons. (Grand Central, $24.95.) A widow returns to her hometown in Maine.
- THE LACE READER, by Brunonia Barry. (Morrow, $24.95.) Secrets of a family of Salem women who foresee the future.
- ROUGH JUSTICE, by Jack Higgins. (Putnam, $25.95.) Violence and intrigue await an American agent in Kosovo.
- THE MERCEDES COFFIN, by Faye Kellerman. (Morrow, $25.95.) Decker and Lazarus investigate cases of murder victims found in Mercedes-Benz trunks.
- THE LAUGHTER OF DEAD KINGS, by Elizabeth Peters.(Morrow, $25.95.) The art historian and sleuth Vicky Bliss must discover who stole an Egyptian relic.
Source : The New York Times